Friday, March 15, 2013

Wrap Up

My internship here at Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts is coming to a close. It is sad but also a good thing, as I need to step out of routines and exercise my creative side elsewhere. This has been an incredible experience and I highly recommend the the people and the place as a spot to do art of all kinds. Here are a few new photos which are added to my set on Flickr. I will continue to post them as I finish processing.

This is an abstract layered image of tissue paper from the Valentine's Day Sale. It was done using GIMP and layering one tissue photo over the other with different layer modes like "overlay", "grain extract", and "soft light."








This was just fun. Courtney Henson, my boss here at Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts does not know I've posted this. I hope she likes it. I've got it in several other colors as well, in a kind of Warhol-esque assemblage of parts.



Another layered piece created in GIMP.







I leave you with a smile; from a young customer at the Valentine's Day Card and Gift Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment